Summer Management Team Application 2017
The New Story Leadership (NSL) Program seeks to inspire a new story of possibility for the Middle East by bringing 10 outstanding Israeli and Palestinian students to Washington, D.C. for an extensive seven-week course to learn about leadership, conflict resolution, and narrative technique.
The management team works closely with NSL’s team of young Israelis and Palestinians during the summer. The management team completes a variety of tasks during the summer including, but not limited to:
- Organizing events
- Coordinating instructors
- Workshopping students’ narrative speeches
- Leading dialogue sessions
- Social media
- A/V assistance
- Fundraising and development
- Scheduling meetings with high-level offices in Washington
- Outreach to similar NGOs
- Coordination of skills workshops (entrepreneurship and conflict resolution) and narrative workshops
Currently pursuing or recently completed a graduate or undergraduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Resolution, Middle East Studies, or related fields.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate cross-cultural understanding and curiosity to learn about global issues.
- Good time management, organizational, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team under stressful and quickly changing conditions.
- Currently living in the US (preferred) or willing and able to obtain a US visa for the summer.
- Personal experience working with youth groups.
- Experience in the NGO sector and funding for grassroots organizations.
- Coaching experience in the art of verbal communication, storytelling, and speech writing.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc).
- Experience in event planning and publicizing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business planning and social entrepreneurship. Preference shall be given to those who have actual experiences in both of these fields.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Hebrew is useful.
Please provide the following:
- Two professional or academic references, including names, titles, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position.
Please note that NSL 2017 management team members must commit themselves to all activities related to the program. This includes travel within the United States, as well as occasional weekend events. Please note that internships are currently unpaid, although we do provide housing if necessary. We are also happy to work with universities to provide academic credit.
The dates of the summer program in Washington, D.C. are Friday, June 9th -Sunday, July 31st, 2017 inclusive. Management team will be expected to arrive two weeks before the program (Wednesday, May 24, 2016) and be available for wrap up at least one week after the program (Friday, August 5, 2016).
Please send your completed application to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications ASAP. We will begin the interview process in early March, However we will consider strong applications which are submitted until June 5, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Andrew Doll via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.